Translate

Monday, December 16, 2013

Scattershooting 12-15-13

by Bill Holmes



Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to the great  

Skip Caray


Sunday's Summary


My incomplete recap of the week


"We didn't see hardly any sunshine today." That was a statement from one of our professional TV weathermen on the 5:00 PM newscast 12/9. Hope he learned more in meteorology classes than he did in English classes. He did have his jacket on so the weather must be improving.

I think I'm through. Been working off & on installing Linux Mint 16 (Petra) for the past two days. I'm now back to where I was with Mint 15 on Sunday. Also finally wiped out the last remnants of Windows. Totally Linux Mint now.

Just watched most of Kelly Clarkston's Christmas special. Good news, bad news. The girl can sing and so can guests Reba and Trish Yearwood. The music was great. Unfortunately the filler between songs was terrible. Why can't singers just give a concert for their specials instead of trying to be funny and cutesy?

For any of you who have listened to Rangers games on the radio, there is no doubt Eric Nadel deserves this Hall of Fame honor. Thanks for many enjoyable broadcasts Eric.

Today's top story - 

Oh damn, it appears that I missed the new improved Sound of Music last night (12/14). I caught the last couple of minutes when I changed the channel to watch the news. Unfortunately I didn't see any of Carrie Underwood's critically acclaimed acting.

I forgot to mention on Friday that my son Matt graduated from Golf Academy of America with an associates degree. He worked during the four semesters as well as finding time to keep up all his social activities. If you own or run a golf course or golf related business he's looking for a full time job. I didn't get any good pictures at the graduation but maybe his Mom did.

From your very proud dad, Congratulations Matt!

Interesting information. Your mileage may vary. -

Living Wage Calculator


I skipped last weeks recap due to installing new software on my PC. Here are a couple of items from what would have been the 12-8-13 recap.

And this isn't even the Texas branch of the family.

A new twist on Christmas lights?
This is either a bad choice of font or the most fun lights ever...


wjh

No comments:

Post a Comment