Translate

Monday, September 8, 2014

Scattershooting 09-07-14


Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to the great


Sunday's Summary


My incomplete recap of the week

I can't believe the Chrome browser is celebrating just their 6th birthday. In many ways it seem that I have been using it forever but I guess not. Whether you use Chrome or not, your browser and web experience is better because of it. Chrome is now the most used browser across many platforms according to many sources. If you are not using Chrome, give it a try. It's free and works on Windows, Mac/OS, Linux, Chrome/OS, iOS and Android.

God
@TheTweetOfGod -
Don’t worry about what other people think, because they rarely do.

For this #TBT I have three photos from my north to south transition years. The first one is of Nana Kelly and me in 1952 in Spring Lake, NJ. Back then Nana worked at the Jersey Shore hotels during the summers. Mom and I would visit her at least once each year. After this picture, one of the swans attacked us. I also picked up a shiny black rock to throw into the lake. It wasn't a rock. The second photo is undated but I think it too is 1952 at either the Jersey Shore or Long Island. I'm pretty sure that is the ship I used to sail to Florida. Lastly is a picture in Jax Beach a couple of months after I arrived in 1953. It is in the back alley of our apartment at 16th Ave North between 2nd & 3rd St. Back then, they were called the McCormick Apts. The building is still there and is either apartments or condos. The link is the current street view of the front of the apartments.

Another small promo for a great band. I've been listening to the Royal Southern Brotherhood tonight. The Rollings Stones are great, but they ain't got nothing on these guys on this song. Secondly, hard as it is to believe, Cyril Neville is 65 years old. He sounded just as good live the other night and was full of energy. Some don't grow old they just grow better.


U-verse web sight down. We can only hope that they will really make improvements. It shouldn't be hard, the bar is not set very high.

Michael Sams is now on the Dallas Cowboys practice squad. Sure would be nice if the media just let him play football.

Sadly too true.

Unfortunately for the Rangers, the Tim Bogar managerial era began the same way the Ron Washington era ended. Texas loses 7-5. Only 21 games left this season.

Gators win against the always dangerous Eastern Michigan Eagles 65-0. I think that's more points than Florida scored all last year. GO GATORS!

It's Sunday again already and that means #SongSunday. I struggle with this every week. There are so many great songs. I jot down ideas for artists or songs all the time. Then on Sunday mornings I look at the list and try to decide. There are well over 100 entries on the list. For some reason this song jumped out at me today. This one is a 1958 release when Rock 'N Roll was just getting established. Conway Twitty co-wrote this song and it was a #1 single. Despite Conway's early rock n roll success, he chose country music for most of his career. He is an icon of that genre. Here is his great version of "It's Only Make Believe". Great voice, bad hair. A little bit country, a little bit rock & roll -


wjh



No comments:

Post a Comment