The End of the World
A recap of some of the disasters, calamities, debacles, catastrophes, incompetence, Armageddons and general BS we have recently survived.
- The CDC can't handle deadly viruses and bacteria safely or even keep track of where it is.
- The Veterans Administration has been falsifying dates on benefits applications to make it look like they provided those benefits in a timely manner. This on the heals of the Veterans Hospitals appointment times scandal.
- Israel and Hamas are trading rockets. How unusual. It has now escalated into an Israeli invasion of Gaza. Cease fires are measured in hours, not days, weeks, months or years.
- Somebody in Ukraine is shooting down commercial airliners. Unfortunately for bad luck Malaysian Airlines it was one of theirs.
- Once mighty Microsoft will lay off 18,000 employees although many of those are former Nokia employees in Finland.
- In Texas we go from extreme drought conditions to flash floods and back again within an afternoon.
- The dreaded Chikungunya virus. Is there an official department for naming new scary medical stuff?
- Just as Chikungunya fades from the headlines we have Ebola wiping out the human race.
- In related news the CDC, the agency that lost samples of smallpox for decades, is handling the Ebola testing.
- The United States is being invaded by an army of undernourished and scared juveniles.
- Ferguson, Missouri is the most dangerous and violent place on earth. The Kurds, Syrians, Lebanese, Iraqis, Ukrainians and several others may disagree.
- There was an earthquake in Napa Valley. It appears that some wine was spilled.
- Here in Texas, our good hair bad brain Republican governor has been indicted for playing political hardball with a DUI Democratic district attorney. Not a Perry fan, but this smells of BS.
- Finally for this edition, every GM vehicle ever built has been recalled as have most children's car seats, many cribs and numerous other consumer items.
I expect that there will be future posts on this subject. Of course that assumes that I survive all the dangers in our everyday life. Wish me luck.