Translate

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Scattershooting 01-04-15


Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to the great

Sunday's Summary

My incomplete recap of the week

Happy New Year to all. May 2015 be the best year ever.

Remember it's a new year so be sure to write MMXV on your checks.

Geek alternatives for the new year are 7DF or 11111011111.

Today (1/2) is my first born's birthday. He is a little bigger now than in this photo. He is a great person, husband and father. He has also been helping to protect us for almost twenty years. Thank you Commander Holmes. All of us here in Texas love you and miss you. Happy Birthday Kelly!

StubHub sent me an email today (1/3) reminding me that the college championship game will be held in my neighborhood. Out of curiosity I checked the ticket prices. Upper deck ranged from $650 to $1,500. Middle and lower levels go from $1,000 to $11,000. Suites are also available for $40,000 to $113,000. Think I'll just get a couple of suites. I also noticed that there are way more tickets available on the Oregon side.
 




















Just a suggestion but when you have a huge order, want to split it so you can use food stamps for part of it and crumpled bills for the rest, maybe self checkout is not the right choice. On top of that you have multiple questions about prices of items and don't understand how the scales work. Finally you used an electric shopping cart but appear to be about 30 years old and had no trouble running back and forth to the attendant every few seconds. Of course the store was busy too. Obnoxious.

Sad news. I got a call from my Aunt Anne to tell me that Uncle John had passed this morning. It was not unexpected but that doesn't make it any easier. He was a true hero. A decorated veteran of WW II, a police officer and a firefighter. A trifecta of service. He was a gentle and kind man. You will be missed Uncle John. RIP.


Why didn't I think of this? Just browsing around the interweb googly thing and came across a recipe. Part of it was to cook the beans in a crockpot. I've always cooked beans on the stove but this seems like a good idea. Learn something every day.

wjh

No comments:

Post a Comment