Translate

Monday, October 6, 2014

Truluck's Seafood Steak & Crab


After spending a few hours Saturday (10/4) in the Oktoberfest crowds on the main Southlake Square we walked a couple of blocks to the much more quiet and elegant Truluck's. Which is located at the back of Town Square near the hotel. We started with a drink in the bar until the hostess came to show us to our table. I had ordered flowers since this was an anniversary of sorts for us. They had already been placed on the table when we were seated. On this visit, Dan was our very knowledgeable, competent and personable waiter. No appetizers this trip, but we shared a delicious Caesar salad. My lovely companion had the Jalapeño Salmon Béarnaise served with parmesan mashed potatoes and topped with blue crab, shrimp and béarnaise sauce. I had the Pan-Seared New England Sea Scallops with crab and tomato salad, Szechuan green beans and sweet tomato butter. I'm not exactly sure what all that description means but it all worked. I also added a side of balsamic-glazed portabellos that we shared. The salmon and scallops were tender, moist and flavorful. The mushrooms were delicious. The surprise hit of the meal was my Szechuan green beans. They were lightly steamed but still very crisp with a wonderful flavorful sauce that had a little kick to it. They were topped with shaved almonds. I shared a couple with my companion and she then dove into my plate for a few more. These green beans are available as a side if they don't come with your entree. I highly recommend adding them or maybe substitute them for the standard side. Even though we required a doggie bag (or is it doggy bag) it is required that a decadent dessert be ordered at a fine restaurant. The choice was the carrot cake which went straight into the doggie bag. It was a huge slice. The disadvantage to being small people is that we often can't finish the whole meal and almost never have room for appetizers or desserts. The advantage is that we often have leftover meals, snacks and dessert for the next few days. 
Truluck's Carrot Cake

As usual the service was impeccable. Dan was not intrusive but we didn't lack for service when needed. The manager stopped by to check on us too. On our last trip to Truluck's, I had a very minor issue with my entree. Our waitress and the manager were very apologetic and he comped our dessert. This trip we had no complaints and gladly paid for dessert.

Speaking of that previous trip, I had the stone crab claws. They were very good as was the mustard dipping sauce. I actually more enjoy stone crab in a casual setting, maybe al fresca, with plenty of cold beer. I prefer to eat with my fork in a nice restaurant. We have never tried the steaks at Truluck's but I'm sure they are excellent. 

Truluck's is a nice space with excellent food and service. The main dining area is mostly dark plush half circle booths. The decor is very nice. The bar seemed to be hopping with a live piano man providing the music. Highly recommended. It is so nice to have excellent food served by professionals. If you are in Southlake at dinner time give Truluck's a try. They have five Texas locations, four in Florida and one in California. I don't think you will be disappointed. Reservations highly recommended. The dining room and bar were both full. 
Truluck's - Southlake, TX
wjh

No comments:

Post a Comment