Translate

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Scattershooting 10-19-14


Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to the great


Harold Ramis

Sunday's Summary

My incomplete recap of the week


Monday 10/13 was Canadian Thanksgiving. Does that mean 10/14 is Black Tuesday? Remember a US dollar is worth $1.12 Canadian.

Went for a short bike ride today (10/14). Still too windy to be pleasurable. Lotsa small branches, leaves and acorns all over including the streets. One medium size oak tree snapped off on Cummings. Of course it fell on a fairly new fence. Saw a single monarch butterfly. Can't imagine they do well in 25 mph winds with 30+ mph gusts. At least the wind was out of the north so it was blowing him south toward Mexico.

I like dogs very much but I find it ironic that Nina Pham's dog, Bentley, is getting much more news coverage and probably better care than the 4,500 Africans who have died and the thousands of others who have contracted the disease. Nina is the D/FW nurse who contracted Ebola.

Here is what I think is my parents' official engagement photo for ‪#‎TBT‬. Only notation on the back is "1939". It's a 5" x 7" print on heavy stock so it might have been professionally taken. I've also added a coupe of shots of my dad's 1930 Ford Model A Deluxe Convertible. These look like the photos after he rolled it. He broke his left arm and the car survived with minor damage. Would like to have that ride now.

I sure hope all you football fans get CBS Sports on cable or satellite. Forget that NFL game on the main CBS network. Tonight on CBSS you get Colorado School of Mines Orediggers at Fort Lewis Skyhawks. I get the feeling we have finally run out of sports content for all the cable sports networks.

 Well, it's the Giants vs the Royals in the World Series. I picked an Orioles-Giants matchup before the playoffs began so I was half right. I don't really care who wins. I just hope the World Series is as good as the other playoff series have been so far. Great games all the way through.

 Must be a Gators fan.


Stop the presses! The Jacksonville Jaguars have won an NFL football game. Not only did they win, but they scored 24 points. Jags 24 Browns 6. Amazing.

GO JAGUARS!


Time for ‪#‎SongSunday‬. I've been uploading a friend's mostly country music CD collection to her Google Play Music library the past few days so I've been listening to way more country than usual. This week's song is categorized as a country song by a singer categorized as country but both the song and singer easily fit into Pop, Standards, Easy Listening and other genres. The singer is the great Ray Price. One of the best singers of the 20th century. We lost Ray almost a year ago after a 60+ year career. The song was written in 1970 by Kris Kristofferson. Ray's rendition, recorded that same year, reached #1 on the country charts, #11 on Billboards Top 100 and #10 Adult Contemporary. Here is the beautiful For The Good Times -


wjh

No comments:

Post a Comment