Translate

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Scattershooting 05-11-14


Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to the great

Warren Spahn

Sunday's Summary


My incomplete recap of the week


Hope everyone had a Happy Cinco de Mayo. We had to power through the lime shortage this year.

2 + 2 = ?

Happy birthday (5/6) to Willie Mays. The best baseball player ever and my childhood sports hero. Say Hey Willie.

Wednesday was the the first hump day of National Bike Month. Enjoy.

Since Thursday was the closest #TBT to Mother's Day I chose this picture. It is one of Mom's favorite times. She had all the Holmes boys together. It was July 1996. This didn't happen often enough due to the age difference of the grandkids and our spread out family. Love you Mom and miss you. 

Thanks to all the military spouses, especially my great daughter-in-law.

What a great day for a bike ride. Temps in the mid 80's, no wind, a little overcast. Everything is green and the creeks have water flowing thanks to yesterday's rains. The bluebonnets are in bloom. As an added bonus I got a very low electric bill today too. No A/C and no heat needed for the past month. Springtime in Texas is pretty damn nice.

Got my notice today that Netflix is increasing their price to $9/mo. I thought it would be a bigger increase. They also said that because I'm already a subscriber my rate will stay at $8/mo for two years. Either way it's a bargain. House of Cards by itself is almost worth the cost. Watch good stuff on your phone, tablet, PC or TV.

Happy Mother's Day! A special thanks to all mothers, especially to my dear departed Mom, the mothers of my two sons and the mother of my two grandsons.
























wjh

No comments:

Post a Comment