Translate

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Scattershooting 02-23-14

by Bill Holmes



Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to the great

 Casey Stengel

Sunday's Summary


My incomplete recap of the week


Let the new late night battles begin. Tonight (2/17) is the premier of the Jimmy Fallon version of the Tonight Show. Not quite a head to head yet because Fallon is delayed a half hour for several days due to the Olympics. Two Jimmy's & a Dave.

The people in charge of hell sometimes visit North Korea just to exchange ideas.

I'm pretty sure not a single one of my friends will be celebrating National Drink Wine Day today (2/18).

Well it's time to pack up the gear and head to spring training. Rangers position players report to camp today (2/19). Here is my spring training photo from 1959. 

State Senator Dan Patrick accused of employing illegal immigrants
I love it. This Dan Patrick jerk's campaign for lieutenant governor is based on securing the border and taking away all rights for illegal aliens. According to him "we" are pretty much at war with Mexicans and Obama. 

I don't care if he employed illegal immigrants or not. Most Texans, including me, have done it at some point. They do our landscaping, build our houses, pools and fences, work at many restaurants and a million other things. What I really hate is the hypocrisy of pompous, intolerant jerks.
These people kill two of their children and are only sentenced to 3½ to 7 years. They should be sentence to 3½ to 7 centuries and also neutered. Wonder if this is a "pro-life" congregation? Sick.

Their pastor, Nelson Clark, has said the Schaibles lost their sons because of a "spiritual lack" in their lives and insisted they would not seek medical care even if another child appeared near death.  
Maybe if we're lucky, pastor Clark will have a "spiritual lack" in his life soon.


Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Because of my advanced age and long career as a geek, I have decided to switch my age to the hexadecimal (base 16) system. I am now officially 43 hex years of age.

Here is a picture of a long ago birthday when I was the same single digit age in both decimal and hex. Looks like I was a toothless cowboy that year.
 

It's Happy Birthday Hour! (2/20)

Here's a good idea -


I've noticed that since Dan Patrick was accused of hiring illegal aliens he has toned down his anti immigrants statements a little. He is now primarily the christian candidate. This is a common theme in Texas. When the Republican candidates aren't trying to out-conservative each other, they are trying to out-religion each other. Only christian religions need apply though. Of course they are all also still running against Obama. I have no idea how Obama qualified to run in all these Texas races. I thought he already had a full time job and was a resident of DC or Illinois.

Be patriotic and celebrate the national holiday.


So is this the Daytona 500 or the Daytona 5,000? I saw a little of it early this afternoon and just noticed that it's still on after 8:00 pm and not halfway through. That's mighty slow driving. They must have really gotten tough on those restrictor plates this year.

wjh





No comments:

Post a Comment