Translate

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Scattershooting 01-12-14

by Bill Holmes



Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to the great

 


Sunday's Summary


My incomplete recap of the week

OK, it's 18° this morning with a high of 34° forecast. I know it is much worse up north. This damn global warming is killing me.

That got kinda exciting in the last few minutes. Congratulations to FSU. 2014 BCS Champions.

I can relate. 

Ouch - just looked online at my electric bill for the period ending 1/6/14. It's twice a much as last month and about three times my average bill. This brutal winter is now putting the freeze on discretionary spending. More than ready for spring.

Kinda watched the premier of Chicago P.D. It's a new show on NBC Wednesday nights. About the "Intelligence Squad" that is led by a dirty cop with some redeeming traits. Seems like a huge cast and I lost track of who is who. Looks like a typical cop show. It stars Jason Beghe who is pretty intense. I may give it another look but it's not must see TV.

I watched the 1st episode of "The Spoils of Babylon" on IFC Thursday night. It's a takeoff on bad movies or miniseries. It's humor is along the lines of the Naked Gun or History of the World movies. The Will Ferrell intros are kinda weak. A few parts drag but there are a ton of sight gags in most scenes. This is probably one of those love it or hate it shows. Lotsa big names in it. There are five more episodes. It's silly, ridiculous, campy, stupid, cheesy and totally unbelievable. I liked it.

I'm so glad I did this on Saturday. It was too windy Sunday. Finally some decent biking weather.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mt_VcAA75A

Fly Southwest and land at a surprise destination. Guess the $100 GPS on the plane was broken.

wjh

No comments:

Post a Comment