Translate

Monday, November 18, 2013

Scattershooting 11-17-13

by Bill Holmes


Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to the great  

Roberto Clemente


Sunday's Summary


My incomplete recap of the week

  • Is there hope for the Gators next year? Maybe a real QB next season.

It was very scary for a couple of minutes. The Kroger I shop in is being remodeled. I've seen very few results except removal of most of the floor tiles and a little paint for at least three weeks. That changed today. I noticed some shelves and a few other things moved near the front. Then came the scary part. I turned onto the beer aisle and found yogurt, juice, etc. but no beer. That whole dairy/beverage side of the store is being moved around. Where was the beer? Finally found it on some temporary shelves in the back. There was no cold beer, in fact those coolers are gone. I almost called Beerman to come to the rescue. Cold beer needs to be Kroger's highest priority. Just in case, I bought a little extra.


For those of you who were concerned for my well being I have good news. The lukecool beer that I was forced to buy today due to store remodeling has reached acceptable drinking temperature. I'm testing it right now to be sure.

I'm not too crazy about the wind/temp Tuesday or that 29° Wednesday morning.

My favorite future veteran and his lovely wife not too long before his current tour in the Middle East. Thanks son. Be safe.

It was one of those days -

This is not my idea of southern living. It's 30° with 24° wind chill. It has dropped to 65° inside. May have to turn the heat on.

  • Oh no, Muscamp gets a vote of confidence. You all know what that means.

Richard Cohen wrote in the Washington Post - "People with conventional views must repress a gag reflex when considering the mayor-elect of New York — a white man married to a black woman and with two biracial children. (Should I mention that Bill de Blasio’s wife, Chirlane McCray, used to be a lesbian?)"

You gotta give him credit, Cohen offended almost everybody in just one sentence and a parenthetical phrase. Also according to him he is not racist. Apparently not anti-LGBT either.

BTW, if one parent is black and the other white what kind of kids are they suppose to have? I think biracial is a good choice.


Probably got a bad batch of roids. Not sure if that's steroids or hemorrhoids. Poor A-Roid.


So what does this portend for Android?
Waaaaaaaaaay too early. KLUV, an oldies station, started playing all Christmas music this morning (11/15). Guess I won't be listening to them for awhile. Crank up the Pandora.

Giving Linux Mint 16 (Petra) 64 bit Cinnamon RC a try. Running off a USB ISO for now. Seems to be working OK. (11/15)

Turned out to be a great day(11/17) for a bike ride. Temps in the 80's, calm winds. Lotsa traffic though. Every convertible in D/FW was on the road, all with the top down and many with dogs. The Bedford Bark Park had several visitors too.

UpdateIt appears the east end of the local Kroger remodeling is substantially done. The beer (most important section) is in new coolers where the cheese used to be, the cheese is where the juice was, the juice and most other dairy, including yogurt, is where the beer was, milk expanded into the old yogurt area and a few other tweaks. Got it? The rest of the store is still pretty much the same although it looks like the deli area may be next. I'm sure all these changes are scientifically determined by marketing geniuses and will cause a huge improvement in profits for this store.

wjh


No comments:

Post a Comment