Translate

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Scattershooting 12-14-14


Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to the great

Sunday's Summary

My incomplete recap of the week

Miracles do happen. Today I put on a pair of pants that I don't think I've worn since last winter. When I put one leg in out popped a sock. So my lost sock is now safely back in the sock drawer with its mate, freed from the loneliness of the closet with only pants, shirts and shoes to mingle with. One of the very few lost socks ever found.

I had some split pea soup tonight. I must report that some of those peas were not split. Is that a felony or just false advertising? BTW, it was delicious even though maybe illegal.

A little ‪#‎TuneTuesday‬ - Al Green was on Letterman last night and sang two songs Let's Stay Together and I'm So Tired of Being Alone. He didn't sound terrible but certainly not as good as he used to. What struck me most was how different he looks. He's much heavier and the white suit didn't help. His face is amazingly different and I don't think I would have recognized him without the introduction and the songs. Let's Stay Together (1972) was #1 on Billboard Top 100 and R&B charts.


Tired of Being Alone (1971) reached #11 on Billboard and #7 on the Soul chart.

We'll call this ‪#‎WaybackWednesday‬. Seems that it is oldies week on Letterman. Monday night it was Al Green and on Tuesday it was Dee Dee Kenniebrew of The Crystals. She sang Then He Kissed Me and Da Doo Ron Ron. This was not our version of the Crystals. Dee Dee sang lead with six backup singers and strings. Then He Kissed Me rose to #6 in 1963 -

Da Doo Ron Ron peaked at #3 also in 1963 -

For ‪#‎TBT‬ it's time to start the Christmas season. Here are some shots of my first two Christmas mornings. The first one shows that I caused a train wreck while playing the piano. This may have been the pinnacle of my concert piano career. The other two are from my second Christmas. It looks like I got a big fire truck. I also got a Raggedy Andy which I had for several years. Mom stitched him up a few times and even made him a new set of clothes.






Wow, the Argyle Sweater got very obscure today.

Here is some Christmas craft I could probably handle. Yes I know is should say ReinBeers -

I guess it's close enough to the holiday to have a Christmas tune for this‪ #‎SongSunday‬. Next week I'll post my favorite Christmas song. Until then, this song was released in 1963 which people of a certain age will remember as a rather subdued holiday season due to the JFK assassination. The song reached #3 on the Christmas chart. Written by Brian WIlson and Mike Love, performed by The Beach Boys, here is Little Saint Nick -

wjh

No comments:

Post a Comment