Translate

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Scattershooting 11-23-14


Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to the great

Pete Seeger

Sunday's Summary

My incomplete recap of the week

Good music from some Jacksonville folks - China Sky One Life

Did you miss it? November 19th, I'm not sure how you are supposed to celebrate this but for what it's worth, it was -
A little different ‪#‎TBT‬ today. For some reason I wondered what were the top songs 50 years ago. Here is the top 20 from November 21, 1964. Lotsa good songs and only a couple of clunkers. The Zombies are one of my all-time favorite groups.

Top 20 Song Chart for November 21, 1964

Here is that #1 song by the Zombies -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKBRc8zNQ30


What a difference a day makes. It was in the 20's a couple of days ago. Today (11/20) I was back in shorts for my bike ride. Much better. Gotta love Texas weather.

Yes it is sad Franklin, sad that there is such intolerance among christian religious leaders. It reminds me of the intolerance of certain groups in the middle east. It always amazes me how similar religious christians, jews and muslims are.

Rev. Franklin Graham: Muslim Prayer Service at National Cathedral ‘Sad to See’


Maybe I'm naive, but it seems we could fix all this immigration dustup and political posturing with one simple act. That would be for Congress to get off their fat asses and pass an Immigration Reform Act. I know the wheels of government move slowly but this issue has been on the table for over a decade. My guess is that the Republicans would rather rant about it than fix it.


Books is good, free is gooder.

The Harvard Classics: Download All 51 Volumes as Free eBooks


Here is another tune for ‪#‎SongSunday‬ that you don't hear much. It's by a group that was founded in 1971 and is still technically together although with mostly different members. In fact this group has had about 25 different members over the years. They started as the studio band for Studio One in Doraville, GA. and some members had been in the Classics IV. This song peaked at #7 in 1977. Here is "So Into You" by Atlanta Rhythm Section -

No comments:

Post a Comment