Translate

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Scattershooting 03-23-14


Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to the great

 James Arness

Sunday's Summary


My incomplete recap of the week

The 3/16 episode of Cosmos was about evolution. According to the Texas Board of Education I'm pretty sure that Fox TV will now need to clarify that evolution is just a theory. They will then be required to air a program about intelligent design/creationism. We wouldn't want anyone to be influenced by real science.

In the rough and tumble football centric SEC even the basketball games start with a kickoff. 

GO GATORS! GO SEC!

Hope everyone's St. Patrick's day celebration was fun and safe. Did anyone overdo it like my little leprechaun friend? We need a celebratory holiday or two between now and Memorial Day. Any suggestions?

Stuck inside on this sunny and warm afternoon waiting for a call back from my friends at Social Security. I may be here a while.

A great cause. 

Urge the FDA to Say YES to Accelerated Approval for safe, effective therapies for children with Duchenne.



I know it's basketball season (where the Gators are #1), but I couldn't let this slide. The lowly unranked Gators baseball team beat the #1 FSU Seminoles today 3-1. 
GO GATORS!

Anybody want a margarita?

Sugars found in tequila may protect against obesity, diabetes 

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/03/17/sugars-found-in-tequila-may-protect-against-obesity-diabetes/

Spring sprang forth on 3/20 at 11:57 a.m. CDT. The day started out at 43° which is not my ideas of spring temps. Forecast high of 73° which is much better. Happy spring.

Under Construction. My patio ceiling is being replaced. There was a little rot in one of the beams so I guess it's good to replace it before my upstairs neighbor's balcony comes down on top of me or the birds.

I want one - my all time favorite Ranger. Loved to watch him play.

Had lunch at the new Puerto Rican restaurant in Bedford. Jibarito's is at Central and Harwood next to Big Lots. I had the house specialty sandwich - 
  Emparedado Jibarito / Jibarito Sandwich
       A fried plantain sandwich with Puerto Rican pulled pork, tomatoes, avocados and            pickled red onions with a spicy cilantro mayo sauce with rice and beans.
Very good. Give it a try.

The #1 Gators advanced to the Sweet 16 in the NCAA basketball tournament.  Next game will be against #4 UCLA.  GO GATORS!
#11 seed Tennessee easily beats #14 Mercer who beat #3 Duke. That puts three SEC teams into the sweet 16. Florida, Kentucky and Tennessee. Not bad for a football conference. 


wjh


No comments:

Post a Comment