Translate

Monday, September 16, 2013

Scattershooting 9-15-13

by Bill Holmes


Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to the great Clete Boyer - Sunday's Summary



My incomplete recap of the week


True - 

Walked around Bedford Boys Ranch this morning (9/9). There were at least 50 geese on Lakeview Dr. They were all over the street and in the yards. Must be a visiting flock because the normal 15 to 20 geese were still at the lake by the pavilion. On another note, it's disheartening to see how much recyclable stuff is put out with the regular trash.

I hope this passes. The Bedford Boys Ranch Park needs work, especially the lake. It's only a couple of inches deep in places.

I was going tho write a review of the new Arsenio Hall Show that debuted Monday. It was so bad that I decided not to do a full review. I realize that I'm probably not in the target demographic but I expected at least some good material. He's had 19 years to come up with stuff. It was mostly unwatchable. My review is thumbs down, don't bother or ½ ★.

Frito-Lay isn't the only one making edible chips. Soon you'll be able to check your Quark to see what time it is and also snack on them. Yummy.
http://androidcommunity.com/intel-quark-chips-touted-to-power-future-smartwatches-and-pills-20130910/

Sloppy, lazy reporting and pop science. Michio Kaku is a theoretical physicist and professor at City College of New York. You may have seen him on some PBS or Discovery programs. Smart guy but why would CBS This Morning have him on to talk about this calm hurricane season? Aren't there any weather experts at CBS or in NYC? The reason is that Kaku is on the CBS payroll and he has perfected a glib TV delivery. In the case of weather, he's just reading others' studies and parroting the findings. BTW, Kaku predicted an above average hurricane season this year. Oops. Next time I need an opinion on theoretical physics I'll give Michio a call. When I want an opinion on hurricane season I'll check with NOAA.

Will Apple be applying for a patent now?

From God's Twitter account @TheTweetofGod
"Working in mysterious ways" is functionally indistinguishable from "fucking up".

The Rangers are doing their best to piss away the AL West and maybe even a wildcard spot. Pouty Boy Yu Darvish starts today (9/14). Can Texas stop the bleeding? Maybe we should enlist the real Texas Rangers for today's game to bring a little firepower to the lineup.

GO RANGERS!


That was strange. While I was watching sports, my resident lizard came up on the patio, walked over to the door mat, raised his tail, shook it and laid a deuce. First time I ever saw a lizard poop. Don't know if he's mad at me or just a random act.







wjh

No comments:

Post a Comment