Translate

Friday, January 3, 2020

2020 New Year Resolutions


I don't usually even attempt to make New Year's resolutions. They seem to be artificial, mostly unrealistic and almost always forgotten in just a few days. That being said, I do have a couple of changes I would like to make going forward. Call them resolutions, goals, targets, behavior modifications, new habits, etc. It doesn't really matter. So, here we go in no particular order.
  • Read 60 minutes or 100 pages a day. That means books, short stories, or long-form articles. It does not mean daily news or social media.
  • Clean up a backlog of unfinished blog posts. I have about 40 unfinished posts. I need to either finish or discard them. Some are time-sensitive and no longer relevant, others need additional research, and still, others just need to be completed and edited. 
  • Be more consistent in my physical activities. Overall, I do OK with cycling and walking but sometimes the activity comes in spurts. I may overdo it for a few days and then mostly lump around for a few. I'd rather do something almost every day. That can be a challenge in the winter.
  • Cook more consistently. Same story as above. I've been known to buy and cook enough food for a couple of armies. Then, I may go for a few days with just opening cans, jars, and prepackaged stuff and relying on the microwave. 
  • Be careful about overdoing the multi-tasking. I sometimes have three sports programs on at the same time. I put them all on mute and simultaneously listen to music or podcasts and do stuff on my PC. That's too much. Chill Bill.  
  • I also plan on going to museums more in 2020 even if I have to go alone. I love museums plus they remind me of my Mom who also loved them. DFW has world-class museums and I need to visit them more often. Maybe some other cultural events too.
I'm lucky that I don't have to resolve to lose x number of pounds or go to the gym. I don't have to give up sweets or cigarettes or coffee.

Wish me luck. I'm not sure whether I'll report back on my success or failure. Happy New Year!

wjh

No comments:

Post a Comment