Translate

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Very Random Thoughts - July 2019

  • A bug flew into my beverage the other day. It died immediately. Hopefully, it died happily.
  • Gillette is recalling razors because they are too sharp. 
  • How much great talent have we lost to drugs and alcohol? The answer is too many.
  • Musicians who really play jazz are artists. Some who play classical music are technicians. The greats are both. 
  • You can be almost 100% sure that any event, behavior, activity or speech will offend somebody. 
  • If Steve Perry isn't in your band, maybe you should skip Don't Stop Believing
  • People will eat almost anything if it is battered and deep-fried. Add bacon and it's a sure thing.
  • Miller Lite has an ad that touts "No Sugar" as a selling point. No beer has sugar, the yeast converts it all to alcohol. More marketing BS.
  • If Jesus rose from the dead, did he really die for our sins? A little confusing and ambiguous. 
  • Is there a good reason to have short-sleeved hoodies?
  • If Scotland is the home of golf, shouldn't the Scottish Open be the premiere golf tournament? 
  • I wonder how rich I would be now if I hadn't smoked for about 45 years and never started drinking? 
  • I'm a straight white old Europen descendant male. I can't help that but often I feel that I should apologize for my demographic. 
  • Hardly any racists actually think they are racist. 
  • What's with all these ads by TV networks and cable providers scaring viewers that programs will disappear unless their dispute is settled? Do your damn business negotiations in private.
  • When a Texas weatherperson says a cold front is coming in July or August, take it with a block of salt. It really means that instead of 99° it will be only 96°. 
  • Why do food companies make the Best By or Use By date so hard to find and read? Tiny print, black ink on a dark surface, smeared characters, etc. 
  • How did the phrases "no, yeah" or "yeah, no" become a thing? It is often used as in introduction to a statement in a conversation. 
  • I'm starting to figure out some of this old-age stuff. The instant something pops into my mind I need to take action. Otherwise, that thought is probably gone forever.
  • Commas (,) can be very confusing. Do I need one or don't I? Even grammarians differ. The Oxford comma or not?
  • You can be pretty sure that the guy playing the acoustic guitar in a rock or country band is the worst guitarist in the group.  
  • It doesn't matter what you believe or don't believe; it only matters how you behave.
  • I apparently have nothing near a normal 24 hour circadian internal clock. I bounce from early morning to a very late night creature. Neither is bad and both have their advantages. If I'm up at five AM, it could be either just up or still up. 
  • Do you have a problem with some consumable in the fridge or pantry that you can't finish? Seems there is always just a smidgen too much to completely empty the container. 
wjh

No comments:

Post a Comment