Translate

Monday, April 1, 2019

Very Random Thoughts - March 2019


  • Can we get some rules about how many times a TV commercial can run in a specific time period? It's a big problem on lesser cable channels that have fewer different advertisers.
  • I'm not a fan of the new practice of putting an advertisement in the middle of a video. It happens on YouTube and several other sites. 
  • I have just about outlived my music. The original artists are either dead or retired. Or should be retired. Thankfully it was all recorded and I have the recordings. 
  • Same vein, your most favorite musical groups, and artists are probably about five years older than you. 
  • Let's give the anti-vaccine people a more appropriate name. How about pro-plague.
  • How many products have packaging that costs more than the contents? Bottled water would for sure be one.
  • If you take one of those stupid Facebook "tests" and it says you look 21 or 25 or 31 or 33, it is a lie if you went to school with me. You may look younger than your age, but not 20 or 30 or 40 years younger.  
  • There is a difference between opinion and fact.
  • Wouldn't it be nice if remote controls had a standard key layout? 
  • I regret that I never learned to play a musical instrument. Although based on my youthful efforts it was obvious that there was little or no talent. 
  • We need to spread out our holidays. Way too many at the end of the year and the beginning of the year. Very few in the middle. 
  • How come during the blind auditions on The Voice, more people don't sing Turn Around? That is the object of the audition. 
  • In religion, the more it doesn't make sense the better. That proves your faith. 
  • Is it actually possible to watch four NCAA tournament basketball games at the same time? I try. 
  • Same subject. Have you ever gotten all first-round games correct in your bracket? Me neither.
  • Isn't it time to finally come up with new names for the NCAA basketball tournament regions? East, South, Midwest, and West have almost no relationship to the teams or game locations. 
  • Smokey Bear's middle name is not "the". 
  • During this time of year with the men's and women's NCAA basketball tournaments, the NIT, the CBI, and other sports, you can get some pretty bad TV announcers and analysts. Everybody doesn't get the A team. 
  • With so many people now living together without getting married, we need a whole new category for some of our relationships to others. The term "in-law" does not apply.
  • Not guilty does not mean innocent. 
  • Not exonerated does not mean complete and total exoneration. 
  • Didn't Estate Sale use to indicate the liquidation of a substantial dwelling and grounds? Now I see estate sale signs in front of modest, even run down, three-bedroom ranch style houses.
  • Amazing. When I canceled AT&T U-verse, they cut off my internet and streaming authorizations at the exact second my contract was up. Too bad they weren't as prompt answering the phone or actually providing service. 
  • When people, especially politicians, say about an issue, "it hasn't crossed my mind", you can be sure that it has crossed, crisscrossed, and occupies a prominent place in their mind.
  • Am I getting more impatient or are pro golfers getting even slower? I find myself yelling "hit the damn ball" at the TV.
wjh

No comments:

Post a Comment