Translate

Friday, March 2, 2018

Very Random Thoughts - February 2018

  • Easy Open is not necessarily true.
  • Remember when you would read the morning paper or watch The Today Show and you were done with the news until Walter Cronkite came on that evening? Now it is a fulltime job.
  • It is way past time to stop the Groundhog Day nonsense.
  • How pissed are those Florida stone crabs? Every couple of years some guy comes along and cuts off their claw(s).
  • When did laundry detergents begin advertising during the Super Bowl? Tide and Persil.
  • God/Jesus still does not care who won the Super Bowl, or any other sporting event. 
  • I was going to order a BLT the other day, but I didn't know how to pronounce it.
  • The older I get, the longer winter seems to last. 
  • Whatever happened to all the private detective shows on TV? They've gone the way of the westerns.
  • When someone says, "I'm not bragging but...". They are definitely bragging.
  • Until Google allows an individualized wake word for the Google Assistant devices, no TV commercials should be allowed to say "Hey Google" or "OK Google. When they do, my phone, tablet, and Home wake up and talk to me. Scary.  
  • Oxymoron. There is a National Prayer Breakfast Dinner.
  • Paraphrase - at the end of the Super Bowl as Brady's Hail Mary pass went incomplete, Al Michaels said: "once again the Super Bowl ends on the last play". I'm wondering when Super Bowls usually end?
  • Just because one side accuses the other of being hypocritical doesn't preclude them from being hypocritical too. 
  • I got an email from Spotify with the following message: The hits that soundtracked your days at school are here: stream a playlist now for a walk back in time. I clicked the link just to see what it was. Turns out Spotify thinks I went to school in the 70's. I'm feeling a little younger now.
  • Does it bother the hell out of you that you pay $10 to see a movie and then have to sit through 15 or 20 minutes of previews and ads before the feature starts? Me too.
  • I'm too old to put my tongue on a frozen flagpole, but I sometimes forget to completely dry my hands before I grab some ice cubes. 
  • I had to date something, so I looked on my computer to see what the correct date was. It was my birthday. You would think I could remember that date.
  • At what age, if ever, can you call your parents friends by their first name? 
  • Why are the police officers assigned to schools called "resource officers"? 
  • Basketball is often referred to as round ball. How does that specify basketball? Aren't almost all balls are round except a football and rugby ball.
wjh

No comments:

Post a Comment