Translate

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Scattershooting 06-29-14


Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to the great

Sunday's Summary


My incomplete recap of the week

Monday was my youngest son Matt's birthday. It seems like just yesterday he looked like this. He's a tad bigger now, 20 years later. Happy Birthday Son!

Arrrrrrrrrrgg!

Sure is fun to watch Adrian play every day.

I'm feeling rather buff, well dressed and even kinda handsome. It's all relative, I went to Walmart this morning. There's always a sight or two.

Don't hear this Beatles song very often. It's a good one. No Reply -

Well this sux. I really wanted to ride the the big metal roller coaster in these thunderstorms. Apparently Six Flags is closed because it is flooded.
Vanderbilt and the SEC win the College World Series. That's a sweep of the CWS for the SEC. Florida won the softball version a couple of weeks ago. Congrats Vandy & the SEC.
 
















I had recorded Robin and Marian a couple of weeks ago on TCM and finally watched it. I sort of remembered the movie when it came out in 1976 and liked it. You know what, I still like it. How can you go wrong, it starred Sean Connery and Audrey Hepburn and had Robert Shaw as the bad guy Sheriff of Nottingham. Little John, Will Scarlet & Friar Tuck were there too. Everybody a couple of years past their prime. Sad ending but very enjoyable. This is not Sean in a Bond film or Audrey in Breakfast at Tiffany's.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075147/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Here it is Sunday again. That means it's time for #SongSunday. I'm going to bet most of you haven't heard this song in 20+ years. The group didn't stay on top long and only had two hits (a 2 hit wonder) but this is a damn good song. From the Beau Brummels, Laugh Laugh.


I am also going to post the other Beau Brummels hit. Another good song you probably haven't heard in forever, Just a Little


Here is a cartoon that fits in with #SongSunday.

How is your team doing? It is about the halfway point of the baseball season. I root for three teams and two out of three ain't good. My teams are the Rangers, Rays and Braves. The Rays have the worst record in the American League and the Rangers are only two wins better. Atlanta does have a slim lead in the NL East. I don't hold out much hope for the Rays or Rangers this season. Wait til next year. Hopefully the Braves can hold on.
GO TEAMS!

 

wjh



No comments:

Post a Comment